Jump to content





Key mapping for Touhou games


4 replies to this topic

#1 razikain

    DoujinStyle Member

  • Members
  • 57 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Gaming (Shin Megami Tensei <3)
    Anime
    Video Game Music
    Metal, Electronica

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:53 PM

Hey guys. Due to anti-ghosting stuff, there are some key combinations on my notebook's keyboard that don't work, and totally screw up Touhou games. Easiest examples I have are up+left+Z or down+left+Z. I would like to have a way to remap at least the directional keys, but it seems that some, if not all, Touhou games don't allow remapping. Is there any software or way or anything to force a key mapping?

EDIT: I guess this thread is in the wrong section. Please move it to the Help section.
Posted Image

#2 7arani

    DoujinStyle Member

  • Members
  • 316 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:WMAP's cockpit
  • Interests:fun things

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:46 AM

i have the same problem with z+left+down and z+right+up... i don't think there is a way to do that unless you want to create a keyboard layout especially for touhou... i'm not sure it is going to work though as i haven't tried it (i bought an extra keyboard to play touhou)... anyway if you want to try and create a keyboard leyout this site gives you a guide + download to a program that lets you do it...
http://fsymbols.com/...indows/layouts/
if you are wondering then yes it is easy to change back and you can change normal keys too... not just 'shift state keys'
Posted Image

#3 ZEROGRAVITY-A01!

    Most adorable little airstrike ever.

  • Club: Earthbound
  • 7,026 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scarlet Devil Mansion / Youkai Mountain
  • Interests:Koakuma, Patchouli's little devil.

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:49 AM

The ghosting problem affects me as well, but I have a solution: map Z to Left CTRL using this: http://www.mediafire...uv5a3vpwps4o8c5

Posted Image
~DOS Games Archive~DOSBox Tutorial~
+ Koakuma is mai waifu, Yukari and Yuyuko is my godmothers, Keine is my teacher, Remilia is my master, Nitori is my mechanic, Reimu and Marisa is my best human friends and the rest were my buddies.
- No dislikes. Just don't mess with everyone's dark side.


#4 Fusion?

    You got a World Ring!

  • Members
  • 2,636 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Palace That Was Found
  • Interests:Rocking the place. Place. Place.

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:24 AM

Another plausible alternative would be to get a USB controller and map your controls to that.

Spoiler


Posted Image


Latest video?

Spyro the Dragon, Part 12.


#5 razikain

    DoujinStyle Member

  • Members
  • 57 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Gaming (Shin Megami Tensei <3)
    Anime
    Video Game Music
    Metal, Electronica

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:26 PM

View PostZEROGRAVITY-A01!, on 24 October 2011 - 03:49 AM, said:

The ghosting problem affects me as well, but I have a solution: map Z to Left CTRL using this: http://www.mediafire...uv5a3vpwps4o8c5

I've tested it and while the remapping works fine, it doesn't work for Touhou 08 and newer ones. I don't know why it happens, because it works just fine in Touhou 06. My guess would be some conflict between the script and directx, because the game seems to override the remapping script, but honestly I got no clue.

View PostFusion?, on 24 October 2011 - 04:24 AM, said:

Another plausible alternative would be to get a USB controller and map your controls to that.
I do have a USB controller, but I feel much more comfortable and accurate using the keyboard, so I'd rather try as hard as I can to find a way to play properly with my keyboard.

View Post7arani, on 24 October 2011 - 01:46 AM, said:

i have the same problem with z+left+down and z+right+up... i don't think there is a way to do that unless you want to create a keyboard layout especially for touhou... i'm not sure it is going to work though as i haven't tried it (i bought an extra keyboard to play touhou)... anyway if you want to try and create a keyboard leyout this site gives you a guide + download to a program that lets you do it...
http://fsymbols.com/...indows/layouts/
if you are wondering then yes it is easy to change back and you can change normal keys too... not just 'shift state keys'

I'll give this one a try. Gonna post the results later.
Posted Image





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users